Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Of course the biggest and most important travel news is my own, right?!!?!? 😀 I am giving away 10,000 Hilton HHonors points – make sure and enter before the contest ends next week!
- Chasing the Points shared a way to open up a Bank of America business checking account and get TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS in a cash bonus!
- One of the trickiest parts of “travel hacking” is keeping up with tracking different things. I have a few tricks in my Miles and Points Beginner’s Guide, but I also enjoyed Frequent Miler’s post about how to keep your brain from exploding trying to manage your miles and points.
- Cautionary tale over on Travel Codex about a fellow who signed up for the IHG loyalty program AT the hotel. After staying 34 nights at the Intercontinental Beijing, racking up a final bill of over $9,000, he expected to get 90,000 points. Instead, he only got 1,000 points! Those 90,000 points would have gotten him a lot of 5,000 point Point Breaks hotels!
- Somewhat buried in the news was the fact that some Award Wallet accounts were recently hacked! I love Award Wallet and use it to track my miles. It appears that it was only accounts with weak passwords, or whose passwords were compromised on other sites however
- I recently followed World Bicyclist on Twitter – a guy who is trying to visit every country by bicycle. Here is his report on bicycling through Turkmenistan.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Same day change guide, #ResellingDo, statement credit denials, chasing fares, how to retire to hotels and more