Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
It’s always fun to do a little retrospective when the year turns
Here’s the story of how one family earned 1.6 million miles and points in 2016.
Remember though – earn em and burn em – don’t hoard points!
A few months ago, my daughter and I went to New York City (making SEVERAL mistakes!)
Last week I shared our experiences on the best way from Newark Airport to Manhattan
This week, it’s time for the return trip – the cheapest and best way from Manhattan to Newark Airport
All-inclusive resorts make for good vacations but…
If you’re traveling with a family, using points is hard because they charge extra for EVERY person!
Here’s one mom’s experiences saving 50% at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
American Express is well known for limiting you to 1 bonus per card per lifetime
With a targeted offer, I thought I’d try to apply for a 2nd Delta card anyways
And I was approved for my 2nd bonus on an Amex card!
The Chase 5/24 rule has put a crimp in many folks’ credit card signup plans
Do you try to keep under 5/24, or do you just throw caution to the wind and forgo Chase cards?
Here’s how one family has decided to plan their 2017 credit card signup plans.
- 5 Airlines to avoid if you want to arrive on time
- 5 tips for complaining to airlines, and why it never hurts
- I’ve been to 50 of the Top 250 Global attractions… how about you?
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- How to transfer Virgin Elevate points to Alaska
- Register for Marriott MegaBonus 2017 and stack with Amex Offer to earn even more!
- From A to Z: Details on revised Amazon card (with a sweet 5% cashback category)
- Wait, there is an Allegiant credit card?
- Alaska Airlines publishes award chart for Virgin America flights
- Should you book Virgin America flights using Alaska miles or Elevate points?
In the News
- 2 new Amex Offers – New Amex Offer to save on electronics and a New Amex Offer for Hilton properties!
- Register Now – New Club Carlson Q1 2017 Promo
- How to Get 15% Off Already Discounted Qatar Flights!
- Is this provocative Lufthansa ad about cheating on your spouse inappropriate?
- Deja Vu – jetBlue flights as low as $34
- Save 15% on hotel stays through September with new Orbitz discount!
- Reduced Plastiq fees with American Express for several weeks
- Several new routes being added by airlines: Delta adds 7 new routes from Seattle, Allegiant opening up 17 new routes, Spirit adds 10 routes, grows in enemy territory and Alaska adds 4 routes from Portland
- Go long with AAdvantage eShopping Portal Bonus
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to