Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I have really been enjoying Jeffsetter’s adventures chronicling their recent “sell it all, go travel” lifestyle. Here was an interesting post comparing Avios vs. AAdvantage miles vs. ThankYou points for a given flight
- I also enjoyed MileValue’s take on using only 20,000 Singapore miles to travel from Bogota to Buenos Aires. Maybe that should be an additional entry on the sweet spots of Singapore Airline’s award chart
- Ed from Pizza in Motion has a giveaway to win 2 tickets to a gala honoring the heroes of 9/11.
- I have actually been featured in 2 articles recently: an article on Yahoo Travel debating whether there should be #ChildFreeFlights, and one on CreditCardForum.com talking about maximizing credit card rewards for back to school shopping.
- I don’t buy much at duty free shops because… well… I don’t buy anything anywhere :-), but I was seriously annoyed to read about the fact that many airport shops scan your boarding pass when you buy something there so that they can get a refund of the VAT (and then not pass the savings on to you)
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: 10K Hilton point giveaway, getting a $2000 bonus, 90,000 missing points and keeping your head from asploding