Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- What’s a fella to do if you have no status but still want to sit up front on the plane? Here are the 5 worst tips to get an upgrade on a flight – #4 is my favorite
- I enjoyed this guest post on Miles to Memories talking about the ongoing drama between the American Big 3 (Delta, American, United) and the Middle East Big 3 (Qatar, Etihad, Emirates)
- Aer Lingus is creating a new loyalty program (Guess what, it’s going to be revenue based)
- One of the classic travel hacking redemptions is using IHG (and other) free night certificates in Bora Bora (an overwater bungalow is on my travel bucket list). One of the ripoffs though is the “mandatory” shuttle from the airport out to the hotel – but Travel is Free reports on how to get around the airport->hotel shuttle ripoff
- United is now no longer charging the $50 fee they used to charge for ticket changes during unplanned events, such as jury duty, injury or death. What amazes me (but probably shouldn’t) is that they were charging it in the first place!
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: 1300 free Flexperks, buying $20K (and more!) in gift cards, and a cheaper way to get Global Entry