Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
Lots of angry commenters (probably rightfully so….) when I complained about my recent stay at a Hyatt Place.
I just mentioned that I was not a fan of the “Charge you for everything model” that seems to be prevalent at Hyatt Place.
Everyone just told me to stop whining about my 50 cent toothbrush and razor… 🙂
Southwest has the best cancellation policy of any airline out there!
You just… cancel it! That’s it, no fees
Here’s the 1 step you need to take if you need to know how to cancel a Southwest flight
- Richard Kerr on #FT4RL: All-inclusive Africa trip for 7 nights for 135,090 points including flights from the USA
- Sam from Milenomics with How to complain without any status or a brand to Tweet to
- Shawn from Miles to Memories talking about 3 distinctive family destinations to go with kids
- Joe from As the Joe Flies with Earning and burning miles with a growing family
- Haley Bach on Disney World: Travel Hacker Style
It’s spring so that means it’s time for car rental deals coming out of Florida (and Arizona)
You can get one way car rentals as low as $7.99 / day
If you’re looking for one way car rental deals in the spring and fall, bookmark this resource page of cheap one way car rental coupons and discounts
Other news of the week
- IHG is offering 50% off award bookings to several hotels in Central America and the Caribbean – including 4 all-inclusive hotels
- Visa and Walmart are teaming up to speed up the slow transaction times of EMV chip credit cards
- Confessions of an airport thief – a behind the scenes look at robbery rings taking places in airports and on airplanes.
- I need some help with the proper etiquette if you complete the crossword or Sudoku puzzles in the in-flight magazine
- Win 90,000 United miles, plus the best Disney smells and another cheap car rental deal
- Lounge review of the Emirates lounge in Singapore
- 2 new transfer partners you might want to consider (one from Amex and one from SPG)
- Congress is looking to require airlines to let families sit together on airlines (and allow pregnant women to preboard!)
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 500 free miles, an Amex award they won’t let me USE, higher signup bonus and more