Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
We’ve been gone a bunch as a family this summer. We thought we were on vacation but….
Here was a hilarious article with ways you can tell if you’re on vacation… or if you’re just having a “trip”
My favorite was “If you realize you forgot your sunglasses three hours into the drive because you left in darkness at 4 a.m. to beat the traffic and the sun is just coming up… yikes, that’s a trip
I’ve been in an extended “arrangement” with both British Airways and Aer Lingus over a canceled flight back in September 2015.
Normally, the powerful EU261 rule only applies to flights on European carriers
But there is one way to get compensation from flights on United (or Delta, or American)
Many folks were targeted for a promotion offering 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards for enrolling in Extended Pay
There was also an offer for 10,000 or 15,000 points for adding an authorized user to your Amex Hilton card, but it looks like it expired last week.
Other news of the week
- Most blog readers probably filled out their envelopes to get 100,000 IHG points, but now there’s another hotel contest that you can enter by filling out envelopes?
- If you’ve applied for an American Express card recently, here are the Amex reconsideration phone number and website to check on your application
- Ever wonder what the New Kids on the Block think about how to travel as a family?
- After the recent attacks in Nice, France, I realized that travel is the answer
- We’re still talking miles and points on the Points With a Crew Slack channel
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap:Should you dress up in first class? Plus 16 amazing in-flight pictures, complaints, and a new awesome credit card offer