Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
For the past few months, there has been an Amex Platinum 100K offer going on for The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN. The “normal” offer for this card has been 40,000 Membership Rewards points, so this Amex Platinum 100K offer is more than twice the normal amount. You do have to spend quite a bit to get the offer (50,000 points for $5000 in spend, then an additional 50,000 points for an additional $10,000 in spend)
So with the Amex Platinum 100K offer on The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN set to go away in a few days, here are 8 reasons to consider getting the Amex Platinum 100K offer
8 reasons to consider the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN 100K offer
- $200 Airline credit each CALENDAR year (so you can use it twice for the first annual fee). In my experience, airline gift cards have worked to trigger this credit
- Priority Pass lounge access (SEE: How to access Priority Pass lounges with no card)
- Hilton Gold and SPG Gold elite status
- Amex Platinum roadside assistance
- Amex Centurion Lounge access (SEE: AmEx Centurion Lounge Las Vegas Airport review)
- Free Global Entry credit (includes pre-check) – $100 value
- Free Boingo Wifi access
- Pay with Points – you get a 50% rebate when you pay with points (SEE: Why I am loving the new 50% point rebate benefit from The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN)
And that’s not even counting the actual 100,000 Membership Rewards points that you’ll get by meeting the signup bonus criteria! Yes, there is a $450 annual fee, which is NOT waived the first year, so you’ll need to weigh that against these 8 benefits to the Amex Platinum 100K offer, but it is still a very strong offer to consider. I already have a Platinum card already so I won’t be getting one, but I’m thinking about signing up my wife for one!
As always, I feel like I must repeat my mantra that you should NOT sign up for the Amex Platinum 100k offer (or ANY credit card) just because some guy on the Internet says that it’s a good idea. Do your research, weigh the pros and cons and figure out what makes sense for you and your family
Have you signed up for the Amex Platinum 100k offer?