Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
- As a family of 8, sometimes we run into challenges that smaller families don’t – here’s why we’re a 2 (rental) car family.
- As part of our recent $6500 (free!) Amtrak trip, we stopped by the Amtrak Chicago Union Station Metropolitan lounge – here’s my review… it’s underwhelming. Check out these “amenities”
- We had a blast on our Amtrak trip, but due to the delays and crazy schedule, I probably will never travel Amtrak again. All those delays were good for one thing though – here’s how we called and got $1100 in Amtrak travel vouchers.
- I’m (finally) going to Europe! Take a look at our itinerary and see if you have any suggestions!
- Continuing on with Amtrak, here’s a look at the Amtrak Superliner vs. Amtrak Viewliner routes – which Amtrak routes are served by which types of cars?
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- With the start of a new month (and a new quarter), it’s time to start earning on the Q3 Chase Freedom 5% bonus categories:
- For a limited time, you can earn a 50% bonus transferring SPG points to American Airlines
- I used to think that the Barclay Arrival Plus was one of the best cards out there, but here’s 4 changes to the card that mean that mine is getting canceled
News, notes and other posts
- News and notes from around the travel world – my favorite quote was that Delta is “happy to reinvent [the cause] to suit whatever argument it may be making at a given time?”