Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here are recent top travel news from around the Internet
- Ben from One Mile at a Time reports about a man who walked around the Atlanta airport with an automatic rifle… just because he could.
- I reported earlier this week that Wyndham hotels recently changed their award structure, removing categories and making every hotel only 15,000 points a night. There was some discussion about whether some of Wyndham’s all-inclusive resorts would be included for only 15,000 points, and Mommy Points reports that yes, they will!
- Points, Miles and Martinis reports on one perk of the Amex SPG Business card – access to the club lounges at Sheraton / SPG hotels. The card’s annual fee is waived the first year, so until your card anniversary, you’ll get free club lounge access at Sheraton hotels.
- Jeff from Jeffsetter Travels recently embarked on a “no home” adventure – first stop, 37 days in Hawaii!
- I also read an interesting Flyertalk thread where a passenger on a Delta SLC-BOS flight had his flight delayed where they bumped 18 people and took off 42 people’s luggage so that they could haul some “mysterious” cargo. Speculation running rampant!
- And of course, there’s the guy in the UK who literally CHANGED HIS NAME to avoid having to have Ryanair re-issue his ticket (at an exorbitant fee!)
If you’re still looking for more top travel news – try the last installment: #FT4RL Family Travel, 26 million in Membership Rewards, structuring while manufactured spending, how many days for Disney, and a free shipping change!