Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- As a non-drinker myself, I was interested to read this account of a fellow miles and points traveler quitting drinking alcohol for a month. I agree with the author’s conclusions that alcohol greatly increases the perceived “value” of many miles and points perks like first class flights, lounge access, etc.
- Speaking of airport lounges, is this the worst airport lounge ever? It looked even worse than this one I visited a few weeks ago.
- Great time-lapse map from the folks over at Rome2Rio with isochronic travel distances
- Join the rest of us Traveling Dads tonight at 8pm for a #TDAD twitter party on how to use miles and points to travel
- Not content with charging fees for ACTUAL baggage, Air Canada is set to begin charging for EMOTIONAL baggage starting in 2017. (Hint: this is satire, but still a very funny read). Hat Tip to Michael over on the Points With a Crew miles and points Slack channel
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Asking the New Kids on the Block for travel advice