Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I’ve written before about Air France / Flying Blue / KLM promo awards, which oftentimes represent the cheapest way to get from North America to Europe (as low as 12,500 miles). The December awards were just released, and while they aren’t as great as the November Air France promo awards, there are still a few good deals:
The way these typically work is that they’re good (bookable) for a month, with travel at any point TWO AND THREE months out. So deals for this month (December ) need to be booked during December , for travel in February and March. Then the January awards will be bookable starting January 1, for travel in March and April. Of course, this is subject to Flying Blue / Air France / KLM continuing this promotion, which is not guaranteed by any means (i.e. goodbye Hyatt Diamond Challenge)
They are for a limited-time and usually only a certain amount of seats per flight / day, so generally speaking the really good deals go fairly quickly (so early on in the month).
All deals from the Flying Blue promo awards site.
Air France / Flying Blue / KLM promo awards December 2014
All destinations are to “Europe” unless otherwise specified.
- Chicago to Europe in Economy for 50% off (that’s 12,500 miles one way!)
- JFK or Toronto to Europe in Premium Economy for 50% off
- Guyaquil or Panama City in Business for 50% off (I don’t specify what cities are in what continent, Flying Blue does 😀 )
- Lima, Rio de Janeiro, or Sao Paulo in Economy for 25% off
- Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo in Premium Economy for 50% off
Caribbean / Indian Ocean
(Flying Blue DOES know that the Caribbean is NOT in the Indian Ocaen, right?!?! 🙂 )
- Antananarivo for 50% off
- Paramaribo or Saint Denis for 25% off
- Amsterdam to Marseille in Economy for 25% off
- Athens, Venice or Zagreb to Europe in Economy for 25% off
- Madrid to Munich or Frankfurt in Economy or Business for 25% off
- Marseille to Nantes for 50% off
- Paris-Orly to Montpellier, Pau, or Toulon for 50% off
- Paris – CDG to Aberdeen for 50% off
- Abidjan, Dar es Salaam or Bamako in Economy for 25% off
- Brazzaville or N’Djamean for 50% off
- Nairobi to Bangkok, Dubai, Guangzhou, Johannesburg, or London for 50% off
- Fukuoka, Jakarta, Osaka or Singapore in Economy for 50% off
- Jakarta or Shanghai in Premium Economy for 50% off
- Hangzhou or Wuhan in Business for 50% off
- Abu Dhabi or Muscat in Economy for 25% off
- Riyadh in Economy for 50% off
One caveat to these rewards is that Flying Blue DOES charge fuel surcharges. For economy class tickets, you’re typically at ~$100 / ticket, and for business, it’s closer to $200-$250 / ticket. So that does put a damper on some of these redemptions. Still, 12,500 miles one-way to Europe is as cheap as it gets!
Have you ever done a Flying Blue / Air France / KLM promo award? Leave a note with your tips in the comments!