Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Yesterday, Uber announced a new promotion that targets new AND existing users. The American Express Uber airport offer gives $65 off 2 rides FROM the airport. Note that the promotion specifically does NOT cover rides TO the airport, and tips are not included – if you tip, it comes out of your own pocket. In order to get this American Express Uber airport offer, you do need to have an American Express card set up as your payment type.
American Express Uber airport offer locations
This Uber American Express airport offer is only available at certain airport locations
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
It seems like it hits most of the major cities, but no LAX, SFO or DFW unfortunately 🙂 In a more personal note, no CVG either. My guess is that Uber is trying to incentivize drivers where they are having trouble getting enough drivers by getting more people to request Uber rides at those airports.
In any case, Uber isn’t that great for my family anyways, since just like we’re a 2 rental car family, we’re a 2 Uber family too
If I do take an Uber, I hope they don’t do what my first Lyft driver did, which is when my Lyft driver drove the wrong way down a one way street.
If you already have an Uber account, this American Express Uber airport offer still works for you. On the other hand, if you haven’t signed up for Uber, I’d appreciate it if you signed up using my Uber link. You’ll get your first ride free (up to $20)