Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here are some news and notes that I found interesting from around the travel world that you may have missed
- American Airlines has threatened to de-hub Charlotte if the city fails to award tax breaks. Living in Cincinnati, I have to say that I am surprised, no, SHOCKED that a post-merger airline would threaten to get rid of a hub. I’m looking at you, Delta!
- Which country is the worst for international air oversight? A great article from 538.com
- A couple and their toddler were kicked off a Cathay Pacific flight over their toddler refusing to wear a seatbelt.
- American Airlines refuses to refund a ticket after a death (though they eventually gave in on the matter)
- The EPA has given a grant to study how much water hotel guests use in the shower. Reminds me of the question I posed earlier about whether you travel differently when someone else is paying for it (lots of good comments on that one!)
Any other good travel articles I missed? Leave me a note in the comments.