Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Another month is in the books here at Points With a Crew, so I thought I’d share with you a few of the best posts of the month that you may have missed.
- Here’s 5 reasons why I think that Chase Ultimate Rewards are the best mileage currency out there.
- One of those reasons (spoiler alert!) is the ability to transfer miles to partners (with a premium card), but here’s why you should make sure to check the Chase Ultimate Rewards mall before you transfer any miles.
- British Airways was recently in the news, announcing a major devaluation of its popular Avios program. Here are 6 winners and losers with the new British Airways devaluation.
- Fun video watching aircraft try to land at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport in a thunderstorm.
- Think you know your airline alliance members? Try my quizzes to name the 20 SkyTeam members, 27 Star Alliance members, or 15 oneworld members.
- Great interview with me at freakinflyers.com about how to minimize family travel expenses
- Ever want to redeem a Barclay Arrival transaction under the $25 minimum for redemptions? I found a neat little trick that lets you do this in certain cases.
- Carolyn and I just got back from a trip to San Juan – you can watch the video where she tries to guess where we’re going on our surprise trip as well as the planning that went in to booking our free trip to the Caribbean.
- Continung our series on which airports have the cheapest airport taxes and fees, here’s a look at European airport taxes and fees.
- Update on the AirAsia ASEAN pass which offers unlimited travel within 10 countries in Southeast Asia and was supposed to have rolled out this month. Turns out it has been delayed for a few months.
- Travelodge family rooms are a great way to beat the European hotel occupancy rules!
- What should stay-at-home moms put down on credit card applications for income?
- Sometimes you just gotta “suck it up” and book a standard award.
- About a month ago there were some mistake fares to Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Some of you may have booked some of them – here are the reasons why I chose not to book them.