Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
It’s Sunday and another week has come and gone and time to see what amazing posts you may have missed this week from Points With a Crew! Seriously, why aren’t you following me on Twitter and Facebook yet?!!? 😀
- Probably my favorite post this week was on the Traveler’s Triangle – you can only have 2 of time, location and price – if you must go to a certain place on a certain week, be prepared to pay high prices. But if you can afford some flexibility – you’ll likely be pleased with the results
- Which airlines offer special “Round the World” tickets? Also, Lufthansa’s 3 region award ticket isn’t quite around the world, but there are some great values to be had!
- 72 United States airports, rated by the quality of their food and drink options. My home airport (CVG) ranked #62 – where did yours end up? If you’re not into airport food and want to see what an airport lounge is like, the Chase United VIP lounge is coming to 2 malls this holiday season. I’ve got 2 free passes to any United Club, so I was wondering what the best United Club out there was?
- Speaking of 72, this week was the anniversary of Nellie Bly circumnavigating the globe in 72 days in 1889 – setting off to break the record from Jules Verne’s classic novel Around the World in Eighty Days
- If you didn’t get your 500 free Starpoints, here’s a way to do it that takes about 2 minutes, and you can also earn up to $30 from BeFrugal.com
- The Fulton Center transit station on the NYC subway opened this week, after about 10 years of planning / construction!
- I like checking things off lists – so in honor of 11:11 Day I mean Veteran’s Day, I added an 11:11 11/11 themed place to my travel bucket list, and started tracking my UNESCO World Heritage Sites (so far I’ve been to a paltry 4 – how about you?)
- Today opened up registration for American Express Small Business Saturday, where you can earn up to $30 in statement credits for EACH Amex card that you have.
There you have it! If you liked what you read this week, make sure to come back again next time! Happy travels!