Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Busy week here on Points With a Crew! In case you haven’t been following along, here are some of the top posts from this past week. Yes, yes, I KNOW that the week starts on Sunday not Monday but I’ve been busy watching March Madness and not blogging 😛 Work with me here!
- Traveling #hobostyle – including why I scoured an airport for a luggage cart to return in order to make bus fare 😀
- Amex Serve announced that they are no longer allowing credit card loads starting April 16th. You CAN still get a free $10 from Serve for creating a Reserve account however!
- I know that it can be conventional wisdom, but here are 2 reasons why you should NOT call the reconsideration line if you’re denied for a credit card.
- Daily Getaways start today (3/23)! Here’s the rundown on which ones seem interesting for the first few weeks
- Maybe you disagree, but I think that parents should NOT give out goodie bags to their fellow passengers on flights. Lots of good comments on both sides on that article (and a few trolls too 😀 )
- American and US Airways are combining their frequent flyer programs (perhaps as soon as this week!) – I had a few problems combining my accounts. If you’re also having trouble, here’s how I solved it
- 12,500 American AAdvantage miles for changing your energy provider. I’ve taken advantage of several similar deals on this – see why it might make sense for you.
- Checking out Copa ConnectMiles – a new Star Alliance award chart in the Americas, and how to get 1000 free miles
- Anyone had any luck with Delta’s baggage “guarantee”? It looks like it is filled with loopholes akin to how it took me 5 tries to get a hotel Best Rate Guarantee honored.