Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
American Airline is offering a discount and a bonus if you buy or gift AAdvantage miles during the next two weeks.
- Through February 8, 2017, receive 10% off your order;
- Through February 16, 2017, receive up to 42,500 bonus miles.
The discount is only offered through February 8, 2017. So if you plan to buy AA miles, you would want to do so within the next week in order to receive both the discount and the bonus miles. After February 8, the discount goes away but you would receive the bonus miles through February 16.
Below are the sweet spots of the promotion:
- Buy 20,000 miles and receive 7,000 (35%) bonus miles plus 10% off (equivalent to 2.22 cents per mile)
- Buy 40,000 miles and receive 15,000 (37.5%) bonus miles plus 10% off (equivalent to 2.13 cents per mile)
- Buy 60,000 miles and receive 22,500 (37.5%) bonus miles plus 10% off (equivalent to 2.11 cents per mile)
- Buy 75,000 miles and receive 30,000 (40%) bonus miles plus 10% off (equivalent to 2.07 cents per mile)
- Buy 100,000 miles and receive 42,500 (42.5%) bonus miles plus 10% off (equivalent to 2.02 cents per mile)
To purchase or gift miles, click here. I believe American is one of the few airlines to process their miles buying directly (instead of through Points.com), so it should count as airfare spend (someone correct me if I’m wrong). You’d want to use a card that gives a bonus on airfare spend.The purchase will be non-refundable and non-reversible, and purchased miles do not count towards elite status.