Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
Obviously passports (and sometimes visas) are required for most international travel.
I always recommend taking care of that well in advance
But… if you didn’t… here’s how to get a passport in one day
2017 is a great year to visit US and Canada National Parks
US National Parks are free on certain days, and Canada National Parks are free all year!
If you’re traveling to New York City, you can fly into 3 (or more?) airports: JFK, LGA or EWR
But none of those airports are in Manhattan, so you’ll need to travel
I’ve had various experiences trying to do manufactured spending.
Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time in post offices
Generally that has gone okay, except that the other day a postal worker straight up lied to my face
While traveling, you are probably staying a lot in hotels or other public places.
Ian shared an experience of someone asking him – “Can I charge my phone on your laptop?”
I thought the answer was pretty obvious but I was surprised that many commenters
- With 2017 approaching, I took a look back at a travel goal I’ve done each year for the past 19 years
- Should kids be banned from hotel lounges? A rebuttal…
- Up to 9 Delta awards to Hawaii this summer for 25,000 miles roundtrip!
- Sharon and Dan had differing opinions on Seattle – is it 6 things to do in Downtown Seattle (for kids!) or the 1 place you MUST visit in Seattle?
- Amtrak Boston to NYC Review
- Last night, miles and points really saved my bacon
- Best way to get from Rome city center to Ciampino Airport
- Complete list of Southwest International Routes
- Four reasons to visit The Frick Collection in NYC
- I’m going to Disneyland… but I don’t even care
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- My End of Year App-O-Rama Rollercoaster
- Update on my Citi AAdvantage card application without 24 month language
- How to book Korean Air awards online – Hawaii or Mexico for 25,000 miles
- Earn 40,000 American Airlines miles without Citibank
- Act Now – Chase Sapphire Reserve Bonus Ending Soon!
- A change of heart – Southwest allows hotel points transfer temporarily
- Remembering my kids’ favorite hotel rewards promo
- 8 Best ways a family can spend 100,000 points
- When is buying airline miles worth it? In ONLY these 3 instances…
- Are Alaska miles “worth it”?
In the News
- 4 New Amtrak Promotions Now Available
- New Year, New $100-$200 Amex Airline Fee Credits!
- The US Virgin Islands will give you $300 to visit in 2017
- Bank of America Museums on Us 2017 dates and locations
- Southwest announces new flights to Cincinnati!
- IHG has moved their Pointbreaks page
- Southwest Removing Service From 2 Cities
- First West Coast flight to Cuba takes off
- Southwest adds 4 new nonstop service to the Caribbean, flights as low as 2,000 points!
- Southwest Schedule Now Open Through August!
- Why of course there is a completely toilet themed restaurant!
- Alaska Airlines introduce 4 new inflight services
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to