Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
As you probably know, Chase 5/24 is a rule that prevents many people from getting approved for new Chase cards.
My wife and I are both way over 5/24, so we’ve stopped trying for new Chase cards
But this week I was unexpectedly bit by Chase 5/24
We’re running a Card Madness tournament to find the “best” credit card
Opening Round matchups are going on right now – vote on #4 Chase Ink vs. #13 Freedom and #5 Alaska Airlines vs. #12 Barclaycard Arrival, #6 Amex Platinum vs Prestige and #3 CSR vs. #14 Amex EveryDay, #1 CSP vs. #16 Southwest; #8 AT&T Access More vs. #9 SPG and Card Madness Opening Round #4 – Plat Business vs. Southwest; Freedom Unlimited vs. Double Cash
Southwest Rapid Rewards are thought to have a fixed value of 1.43 cents per point
In fact, with a Chase Sapphire Reserve card, they may even become obsolete
But we did find one way to get 2.55 cents per point value for Southwest points
Tipping is ingrained as a part of American culture
We seem to tip everyone
But do you tip flight attendants too?
- The stunning Kinkakuji golden pavilion
- Amtrak Acela Business Class Review
- An unforgettable evening of traditional Kaiseki Kyoto meal
- We’re going to Banff!
- 1 year old preparing to be the youngest Appalachian Trail thru-hiker
- Experience old Kyoto in charming Higashiyama district
- A must-do simple delicious lunch at Otsuka Kyoto
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Earn 8,000 points with 2 new Amex Offers
- Got loads of SPG points? You can attend the grand opening of Westin Nanea Ocean Villas in Maui!
- Time running out to transfer hotel points for Southwest Companion Pass
- 5 New Amex Offers showed up this morning
- Reminder – Activate your Q2 2017 cash back categories!
- Reader question: “Is it bad to cancel a credit card?”
- Should you buy Avios with a 30% bonus?
- 3 New Amex Offers, including a highly targeted offer on Delta
- New Plastiq promotion doubling the fee free dollar bonus
- Alaska Airlines quietly remove JAL Premium Economy Awards
In the News
- Duking it out for O’Hare: 8 new American routes from Chicago
- American Airlines announced 17 new routes for the summer
- Marriott Platinum Premier to get enhanced United Airlines status
- Adios amigos! 2 airlines ending service to Cuba
- Alaska adds 6 new nonstop routes from San Diego
- Will IAG’s new airline “level” the playing field?
- Tickets for Los Angeles Hamilton performances are going on sale in April!
- 4 potential travel impacts from the current Trump budget proposal
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to