Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past 7 days
This week feature one of the best airfare deals I’ve seen in awhile (maybe since the infamous “Great Dane” first class fare from back in February)
Through a confluence of several different promotions, you could get transatlantic business class fares for as low as $266 out of pocket!
If you missed out on that deal (I ended up not pulling the trigger either), here’s Why you missed out on yesterday’s MEGA fare sale
I took advantage of the deal a few months ago for 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles for opening up a new Bank of America checking account
My bonus miles have now successfully posted, but I ran into a new problem with my bill pay
See what the problem was and why I said that opening a new BoA checking account TOTALLY screwed me!
One of the anomalies of the rental car industry is that they want more cars in warmer climates during the winter, and in cooler climates during the summer.
As such, there are often good one-way car rentals in the fall and spring
Right now is a good example – there are great one way car rentals as low as $7.99 / day going into Arizona, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida
Here are the rest of this week’s stories:
- Our family signed up for the Every Kid in a Park program, which gives free entry to all National Parks for any family with a child in 4th grade. As we started trying to plan our first family journey taking advantage of EKIAP, we found that the National Park we were interested in turned out to not be free. See: Every National Park free? Not THIS one 🙁
- We were trying to plan a trip out to Arizona (to take advantage of the cheap one way car rentals!), and noticed that Southwest was advertising some pretty BLATANT hidden city ticketing
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- The big news of the week in the miles and points world is that Target Red Card debit card loads are no longer working
- There’s an offer for a Southwest credit card that I had not seen before – offering a $200 statement credit plus 10,000 points
- A hotel loyalty program that makes changes that are actually GOOD?!?! How can this be!? See how Marriott Rewards is doing it right!
- I was noticing some strange anomalies trying to price out business class awards on United – Making sense of United’s mixed cabin award partner prices
News and Notes
- Top travel news from around the Internet – Reselling tutorial, hiking with kids, the Island Hopper, #familytravel and more
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 62 airports to fly anywhere for 8,000 miles, taking bags in an airplane emergency, and free roadside assistance