Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Wanna get away? Southwest Airlines is ringing in the New Year with a fare sale starting as low as $49 one-way! But you have to book by January 26, 2017!
Rules of the Sale
Fine prints of the sale says:
- Domestic travel (excluding San Juan Puerto Rico)
- not valid on Friday and Sunday.
- valid January 24, 2017 through May 24, 2017.
- travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesday.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid
- Monday to Thursday.
- January 24, 2017 through March 2, 2017 and
- March 29, 2017 through May 19, 2017.
- International travel valid
- Monday to Thursday.
- January 10, 2017 through March 2, 2017 and
- April 18, 2017 through May 8, 2017.
- Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
Fare as low as $49 one-way
Fare sales depends on the cities you are looking at. Fortunately in the bay area, we have three airports to choose from, but I usually prefer San Jose airport as it is super easy to get to.
$49 one-way to southern California and $52 one-way to Vegas! How I wish I have more vacation days!
Check your existing Southwest bookings
When there is a Southwest fare sale, always double check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: How to cancel a Southwest flight – 1 easy step!)
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
I only have one flight booked with Southwest this year, and it’s two weeks from now coming home from a weekend at Disneyland. Last November when Southwest had a fare sale I was able to rebook my return flight from $89 to $69, at a sweet 3,006 points!. But this time, I checked my friend’s reservation in April from Houston Hobby to New York and the current fare is more expensive than what she booked.
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale?