Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- A Chinese tourist was vacationing in Germany when his wallet was stolen. He attempted to report the crime but inadvertently signed a government asylum form. That started a whole process which ended up with him living in a refugee camp for 12 days before someone finally figured out what was going on. The whole saga is quite unbelievable
- We are giving away a $100 Visa Gift card – enter in 5 different ways
- I’ve written before on how to still get Priority Pass lounge access if you forgot your card, but the Devil’s Advocate wrote a great post about how to keep track of the guest policies if you have multiple Priority Pass memberships (which I do)
- You can get a free stay at an Atlantic City hotel if you’re Hyatt Diamond or Platinum. Hyatt Platinum comes with the Hyatt credit card, which is a pretty good one to get – we used one of our free Hyatt nights at the Hyatt Regency in Nice, France.
- Virgin America is offering 999 Elevate points after your next booking, and is also offering $39 fares in some markets (have to book by the end of Wednesday 8/10)
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: A live turtle goes through airport security…. in a used hamburger bun?