Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Taking some Southwest international flights has been on my mind lately. With all the snow and gloomy weather here in the northern United States, I would like to get somewhere warm, at least for a little bit!
Because I have the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets my wife fly for free no matter if I book a paid or award ticket, they are definitely one of the first places I check when we want / need to go somewhere.
Southwest flies to several international locations, but for whatever reason, the list of which locations have Southwest international flights is hard to come across via Google. I have the same problem trying to find the IHG Point Breaks list.
Eventually, I came across their route map, which has the information, but I thought it would be nice to have it in a more readable format. This information does change, but as of 1/6/2017 this is accurate.
List of Southwest international flights to Mexico
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (SJD) – from Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Oakland, Orange County and seasonally from Austin
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX) – from Houston, Orange County
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN) – service from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Los Angeles, Milwaukee and seasonally from Austin and San Antonio
- Puerto Vallarta (PVR) – service from Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Oakland, Orange County
List of Southwest international flights to Caribbean
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) – service from Baltimore, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Orlando
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) – service from Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) – service from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) – from Baltimore, Houston
- Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) – service from Baltimore, Houston, Los Angeles
- Aruba (AUA) – service from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Milwaukee
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) – technically not “international” I know…. – service from Baltimore, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Newark, Orlando,Tampa
- Havana Cuba (HAV) – service from Fort Lauderdale, Tampa
- Varadero, Cuba (VRA) – service from Fort Lauderdale
- Santa Clara, Cuba (SNU) – service from Fort Lauderdale
- Belize City, Belize (BZE) – service from Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston
- Grand Cayman (GCM) – service from Fort Lauderdale (pending)
Southwest international flights first started when they bought AirTran a few years ago, but have been steadily increasing. Make sure to bookmark this page if you want to know where Southwest is flying internationally!