Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Taking some Southwest international flights has been on my mind lately. With all the snow and gloomy weather here in the northern United States, I would like to get somewhere warm, at least for a little bit!
Because I have the Southwest Companion Pass, which lets my wife fly for free no matter if I book a paid or award ticket, they are definitely one of the first places I check when we want / need to go somewhere.
Southwest flies to several international locations, but for whatever reason, the list of which locations have Southwest international flights is hard to come across via Google. I have the same problem trying to find the IHG Point Breaks list.
Eventually, I came across their route map, which has the information, but I thought it would be nice to have it in a more readable format. This information does change, but as of 11/28/2014 this is accurate.
List of Southwest international flights
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) – service from Chicago Midway, Milwaukee, Orlando, Baltimore and Atlanta
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) – service from Atlanta and Baltimore
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) – service from Chicago Midway, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Baltimore
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (SJD) – from Orange County and Denver
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX) – from Orange County and San Antonio
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN) – service from Denver, Houston, San Antonio, Chicago Midway, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Baltimore
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) – from Baltimore
- Aruba (AUA) – service from Orlando, Baltimore, Houston Hobby and Atlanta
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) – technically not “international” I know…. – service from Houston, Atlanta, Baltimore, Orlando, Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale
Southwest international flights first started when they bought AirTran a few years ago, but have been steadily increasing. Make sure to bookmark this page if you want to know where Southwest is flying internationally!