Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Over the weekend I wrote about up to seven award seats available on Alaska Airlines to Hawaii this summer. As it turns out, Alaska isn’t the only airline with wide open space! I also found as many as NINE Delta awards to Hawaii this summer!
Nonstop Delta flights to Hawaii
|Salt Lake City||Yes||No||No||No|
Up to 9 Delta awards to Hawaii during peak summer months!
I was searching flights from San Francisco Bay Area to Maui for my best friend’s family. With Delta, she will have to fly through Los Angeles to get there. Knowing that award availability would be limited by the flight between the Bay Area and Los Angeles, I decided to start with nonstop flights between Los Angeles and Maui. Much to my surprise, availability is wide open! There are as many as 9 award seats, almost everyday in June, July and August!
Same amount of Delta awards on the return trip as well, though dates are not as wide open.
A few points to keep in mind when you search online for Delta awards:
- You can search only up to 9 seats in one reservation;
- Naturally, availability is better if you need less than 9 seats;
- Availability is best from Los Angeles and Seattle;
- Availability is better in August than in June and July;
- From Minneapolis, Salt Lake City and Atlanta, award seats are nearly non-existing from early June to end of July, but quite good in August.
- If you live near the five Delta hubs, be sure to limit your search to “nonstop” flights before choosing “all flights”.
- Availability might still be available from cities other than those five Delta hubs.
Book Delta Awards to Hawaii for 25,000 points!
Once you pick your travel dates, don’t book with Delta, because it would cost you 45,000 miles round trip. Instead, transfer Ultimate Rewards points to Korean Air and book Delta Awards online. Only the dates in the Delta calendar that are showing 22,500 Skymile one-way can be booked using 25,000 Korean Air miles roundtrip. This is because Korean Air only has access to Delta’s lowest award.
Not living near cities with nonstop Delta flights to Hawaii?
If you don’t live near Seattle or Los Angeles, or the other three hubs that Delta flies nonstop to Honolulu, the chance of finding Delta awards to Hawaii decreases dramatically, but not impossible. For example, I found very good availability during August from Miami, Dallas and New Orleans to any of the islands with a layover in Los Angeles!
Are you able to find Delta awards to Hawaii from your home airport?