Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
2 new status matches / challenges came out this week
First of all, you can status match to Hilton Diamond status through March 2018 (I matched from IHG Platinum, and this match was even though I was already Diamond from a previous status match.
Also several folks were targeted for an American Airlines fast track challenge to Executive Platinum
A few months ago, i signed up for an online promotion to open up a Citigold checking account
The best part of this was the ability to fund the checking account with a credit card, though you can’t do that any more (SEE ALSO: The miles from my $39,000 purchase just posted!!)
Citi has reportedly been denying the promotional miles, but here’s how I was able to get my 50,000 miles from Citi!
I’m not a big product reseller, but I do a little bit here and there.
So I was surprised when I woke up to find 5 fraudulent purchases on my Walmart.com account!
I’m still trying to decide if I should bother filling out a police report.
Other news of the week
- Amazon sent me a letter letting me know that they are limiting certain Apple products to “authorized resellers”
- It’s been a long saga, but 8 months later, I’ve finally (almost?) got my 25,000 Avios refunded to me!
- Can you get compensation for a missed flight connection?
- Bora Bora is nice, but far away. Now it appears that later this year, overwater bungalows are coming to the Caribbean!
- You can now refer a friend to the Amex SPG cards (business or personal) and get DOUBLE the bonus (10,000 SPG per successful referral)
- There’s a new IHG promotion called Accelerate (again). I was not targeted, but a few folks I know were and stand to get 30,000 to 50,000 points
- Southwest is adding 5 new non stop routes, canceling 4 others, and extending their bookable travel schedule
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 9 top travel stories you may have missed