Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
It seems that the new normal over at Southwest is to have a sale every week or so. If prices are always this low–does that really count as a sale? Whatever the answer might be, their new sale is good from now until March 2nd. You can read more about the sale here. You’ll want to book your travel between now and March 16th, when this sale flies off into the sunset!
- Book by March 16, 2017 for domestic travel valid March 28, 2017 through June 14, 2017, and August 22, 2017 through September 27, 2017
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 18, 2017 through May 18, 2017, and September 6, 2017 through September 28, 2017
- International travel valid April 18, 2017 through May 19, 2017, and August 15, 2017 through September 29, 2017
- 21-day advance purchase required
- Fares not available to/from Portland, Maine
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one way flight
- Restrictions and exclusions apply, see all terms and conditions here
Where to for $39?
Would you be shocked if I told you there are only two route pairs that are on sale for $39? And they’re the ones that are ALWAYS on sale? If you guessed Las Vegas, NV to Long Beach, CA and Oakland, CA to Reno/Tahoe, NV, you win!
New England is always nice in the fall, and people come from all over the country to peep the leaves. Late-September is not quite the optimal time for most of New England, but northern New Hampshire and Maine will have some great foliage. Here’s what the deals look like for MHT and BOS:
Overall, it looks like there are 43 routes under $59 dollars, so this could be a great time to book your early fall travel. The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!