Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
If you haven’t been living and breathing travel news over the past few days, you may not have caught up on some of these interesting articles. Don’t worry – that’s why I’m here for you!
- The Deal Mommy answers the question – How many days do you need to allot to go to Disney World?
- I’ve had a ton of fun at the first two Family Travel for Real Life conferences. Here’s an article over at Traveling Dads that I wrote about the third #FT4RL conference, which is coming up on October 24th in the Washington DC area. If you are still not sure if the Family Travel for Real Life conference is for you, you can read my recaps of the first and second conferences!
- You probably heard about Chuck Blazer, a FIFA soccer executive who was recently indicted on corruption charges. Apparently part of his motivation for charging $26 million in CONCACAF (business) expenses to his personal account was for him to rack up tons of American Express Membership Rewards points!
- I know some of us in the miles and points hobby engage in Manufactured Spending, which I like to define as “the art of spending money without ACTUALLY spending money”. One thing to be careful about is “structuring”, which is breaking up your transactions to avoid financial reporting requirements. The Free-quent flyer talks about how the government will mess you up if you engage in structuring.
- Many of us got in on the $20 off $20 purchase at Sams Club Amex Offer that was offered a few weeks ago. Sams Club started charging shipping on their gift cards but per the Doctor of Credit, they have reversed course and are once again offering free shipping on Sams Club gift cards. If you want to split tender, Miles to Memories reports on how to pay with up to 2 credit cards. For us, careful shopping at Sams Club is part of how our family of 8 eats for around $1 / meal, so I had actually tried to make an online order of actual food that we wanted to buy, but I couldn’t pay online – I had to pay in-store, where they don’t take American Express.