Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
To celebrate Points With a Crew joining BoardingArea.com, I thought it would be great to run a giveaway. I sent a note out on Twitter to see if there were any suggestions on what would make a good prize.
@PointsWithACrew two first class tickets on emirates sound reasonable to me
— Saianel (@saianel) August 3, 2015
Well…. I know you can sign up for multiple Bank of America Alaska Airlines cards and redeem Alaska miles for Emirates First Class and all, but that is maybe a BIT more than I had in mind. But it did get me thinking about giving away something miles and points related, rather than the gift cards that we’ve given away in the past.
Hilton HHonors points giveaway
I looked through the various airline and hotel programs, looking for the rules on transferring miles and points. I knew that most programs charged to transfer (though there are some exceptions for transferring for people living at the same address), and I was willing to pay for it, but some of the prices they wanted to charge were ludicrous. In the end, I decided to go with Hilton HHonors points. You can transfer points to another Hilton member in increments of 5000 points for a $12.50 fee per 5000 points transferred. A Hilton point might not be as valuable as some other points, but 10,000 Hilton HHonors points will get you 2 nights at any Hilton Category 1 hotel.
Granted, there aren’t a TON of Category 1 Hiltons (unless you’re going to Egypt!) but you could also use the points for a night at a Hilton Category 2 hotel. I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in LaGrange, Georgia (a Category 2 hotel – here’s my review) and it was a very nice hotel. Or you could just use the 10,000 points towards a more expensive redemption (we are trying to stay at the Category 7 Morrison hotel in Dublin on our upcoming trip to Europe)
If you’re looking to get more Hilton points, you might also be interested in the limited time offer for a 75,000 point signup bonus for the Citi Hilton HHonors card.
The fine print:
- Winner will be randomly chosen from available and valid entries
- You must be 18 or older to win
- You must already have a Hilton HHonors account in good standing, and you will need to provide me with your number (so I can transfer the points)
- I will transfer 10,000 Hilton HHonors points to your account, as well as pay the fee to transfer them over
- If for some reason Hilton puts the kibosh on this, or in any other way I’m unable to transfer the points, at my sole discretion, I reserve the right to instead award the winner a $50 Hilton gift card
- What you do with the points is up to you 😛
- Contest ends at 11:59 pm Eastern time on August 12th
- This contest is not sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by Hilton. Just my points, transferred to you.
How to enter
All entries must enter through the Gleam widget below. You have 3 ways to enter: Signing up for our once daily email list, following Points With a Crew on Twitter, and you can also earn 2 bonus entries for every friend that you refer through your personalized link found in the widget below. Also stop by every day between now and August 12th for a daily bonus entry! 10,000 Hilton HHonors points giveaway