Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
- If you played Starwood’s Tap into Luxury game a few months ago, my points (finally) posted – here’s how you can check to see if yours have too!
- Great post on how to do a status match or challenge at each of the major hotel chains.
- Of course, right after I write a post talking about how to status match or challenge, Hyatt comes out with the news that their Hyatt Diamond Challenge (probably the most lucrative of all of the status challenges) has been discontinued. After taking that news in, I also gave some musings about what a new Diamond Challenge might look like, if/when they reinstate it.
- ANA, which currently has a distance-based award chart (like British Airways), is moving to a new, zone-based award chart next spring.
- I got a pretty lucrative offer for Barclay Arrival bonus miles in the mail – check your mail to see if you got the same one!
- On Halloween night, a lady went out for drinks and woke up the next morning to find her Uber ride home the night before had cost her $362! She turned to crowd-sourcing to pay for the bill – do you think that was the right move?
- Who would have thunkit that a Japanese website would be the best place to check for award availability, even on United Airlines? Find out the one simple trick for how you can use ANA’s website to search Star Alliance availability.
- My American Express Delta Skymiles card is coming up for its annual fee – find out what kind of (underwhelming) retention offer Amex gave me.
- Flying Blue / Air France / KLM came out with its monthly promo awards – including Houston or JFK to anywhere in Europe for only 12,500 FlyingBlue miles, or Chicago to Europe in business class for only 31,250!