Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I know that this is a travel blog, but sometimes you gotta travel “virtually”, like by taking a ride on the Polar Express with your own Polar Express Party. A few years ago we tried our hand at a Polar Express party for Christmas. My wife found this great PDF from Houghton Mifflin Books with all the ideas you need to make your own Polar Express party! (Including printable Polar Express tickets!)
We used that PDF to have our own Christmas Polar Express Party. It has lots of Polar Express printables, including
- Polar Express Printable Nametags
- Invitations for your Polar Express Party
- Polar Express Printable train tickets
- Instructions for creating your own Polar Express crafts (Reindeer themed)
- Polar Express games (crossword puzzle, word search, maze, “Conductor Says”, and coloring pages)
- Polar Express reading log (for keeping track of your progress through the book)
- Printable Polar Express letter to Santa
- Sheet music for singing Christmas carols
- Links to some of the Polar Express books and Polar Express movie.
- Polar Express recipes – Polar Chocolate Nougat Caramel Squares and Hot Chocolate-Bar Cocoa
and of course, full on instructions for your Polar Express Party ( if you need them!)
Our Christmas Polar Express Party
For our Christmas Polar Express Party, we picked an evening and all got dressed up in our pajamas with some nice hot cocoa and sat down to watch the Polar Express movie. Conductor Carolyn came around to stamp our tickets!
Punching more tickets during our Polar Express Party!
After we watched the Polar Express movie, we ate our Polar Express snacks and then headed off snug into bed. If you’re wanting some supplies for your own Polar Express party, here are some of the things from Amazon that we used
Ever had a Polar Express party? Any suggestions?