Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Things have been hot and heavy here at Points With a Crew this week. In case you missed some of the great posts, here’s a recap:
- On Christmas Day, there was a Etihad mistake fare which let you fly from New York to Asia, Africa or the Middle East for around $200. Many people got in on those fares, here’s why I sat out and did not book one.
- If you have an American Express Serve account, you can get a free $10 by creating what they call a “Reserve” account.
- There was a shooting at the Columbus Airport – here was the original post on the CMH shooting along with a followup post with some more information on the Columbus Airport shooting.
- To help keep things up to date, I created a static resource page with a listing of all the Singapore Airlines Suites Class destinations. That might help you find availability if Suites Class is on your bucket list (it’s not on my travel bucket list … but maybe it should be?)
- In addition to some of the “Best of” Points With a Crew posts at the end of the year, here was a look back at some of the “hidden gems” – the posts that didn’t get as many views as they deserved – 2014 hidden gems: Traveler’s Triangle, paying $15 for the seat next to mine, road trips, BRGs, #FT4RL, transfering Arrival miles, 17 pieces of luggage and more
- Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and book a “Standard” award – would you agree?
- Club Carlson’s Q1 2015 promo (called “Extend Your Stay”) is pretty lucrative – you can earn up to 40,000 points per 3 night stay.
- Reader question: What do you put on as “income” on credit card applications if you’re a stay at home mom?