Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
I will continue to preach this from the rooftops but when we travel, my kids don’t care anything about the hotel other than if there is a swimming pool and a waffle maker for breakfast (ironically, this would make them less some of the “fancier” hotels even LESS, since breakfast is not included at most higher-end hotels unless you have status)
So to support those of us with families, Dia at The Deal Mommy has set up a conference called Family Travel For Real Life (#FT4RL). The purpose of the conference is
Travel with kids is not only possible, but necessary. By sharing the world with our children, we expand both their minds and our own, creating a lifetime’s worth of wonder that can come no other way.
Confirmed Speakers and Schedule:
- 9:00-9:45: Registration and meet your fellow travelers
- 9:45-10:00: Welcome from The Deal Mommy
- 10:00-10:55: Shawn Coomer, Dad, from Miles to Memories on the topic of extended travel with your kids (with an assist from The Deal Mommy on Camp Mom).
- 11:00-11:55: Phil, Dad of 2, from Miles Abound on how to earn miles without opening 10 credit cards in one day or spending 20K a month and which programs are best for families.
- 12:00-12:55: Lunch (be sure to use this time to meet new friends and chat travel!)
- 1:00-1:55: Jason Steele, Dad of 2 and well-known points expert, on using those points on family travel (Have you ever tried to book 4 award tickets?)
- 2:00-2:55: Susan DeBruhl, Mom and Grandma, from Carolina Travel Girl on lodging options when a regular hotel room just isn’t gonna cut it. I’ll have lots to share on this topic as well, including how I rent condos worldwide for $35/night!
- 2:55-3:10: Afternoon Break and snack
- 3:10-4:05: Debra Schroeder, Mom of 2, from Traveling Well for Less on how to keep saving once you get to your destination.
- 4:05-5:00: Ask the Speakers session. Make sure to bring your specific travel questions!
I’m excited to go and hopefully pick up some new family related travel tips!