Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Just a quick note to let everyone know that I will be live-blogging the Family Travel for Real Life (#FT4RL) conference, starting tomorrow. It’s kind of hard to imagine since it’s less than 24 hours to go and I am still half the country away! 😛 It’s all part of #10statesinaweek, which hopefully you’ve been following my adventures along on Instagram and Twitter!
The first session ends at about 10:40 a.m. EDT, so depending on how fast I can type, I’d imagine you can check back here at pointswithacrew.com about 11 to see.
I had a lot of fun when I went last year (see the live-blog from last year with the links in the box below), and I am looking forward to meeting some old friends, new faces, and learning a lot about how we travel here in the real world!
Here’s the full speaker list.
- 9:45-10:40: Bonnie The Frugal Travel Lawyer on the New Frontier (Airlines): Southwest, Jetblue, and the rest of the game changers
- 10:45-11:40 Leslie from Trips with Tykes on Disney: Mastering the International Houses of Mickey
- 12:40-1:30: Jason Steele, frequent contributor to The Points Guy and many other publications, on Current Events and Sweet Spots in Miles and Points
- 1:35-2:20: Kenny from Miles4More on National Parks and Destination Ideas Off the Beaten Path for Families (and how to get to them with awards)
- 2:15-3:30: Shawn from Miles to Memories on Immersive travel: family adventures, educational experiences, and ways to give back
Again, I’m a pretty fast typer, so I’d imagine that posts will be up within 30 minutes or so after the conclusion of the talk, hotel wi-fi depending. On a related note, the wi-fi at the hotel / conference center of the OTHER conference that I’m attending this week, totally sucks. Some fellow conference-goers and I have decided that slow wi-fi is #literallytheworstthingever (even worse than NO wi-fi, because it keeps teasing you….) 😀
Several of these speakers were at last year’s event, so I know they’ll do a great job.
How to follow along
The best way to follow along would be to follow me on Facebook or Twitter as well as follow the Twitter hashtag #ft4rl. Signing up for my daily email newsletter is also a good thing, but it only goes out once a day, so you won’t catch the blogs in real-time, if that’s your thing.
Hope to see you there!