Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
Of course, most people will say that the lie flat seat is better, but HOW important are lie flat seats?
Are they worth taking on a more complicated (longer) routing with an extra overnight stop?
Did you take advantage of the recent Citigold checking account signup bonus?
One of the extra benefits were that you could fund your checking account with a credit card, and I had a ton of drama trying to fund my account
A reader made a comment on a recent post taking me to task that I wasn’t traveling “enough”
While I don’t need to let other people define how or how often I should travel, it was useful to introspect and ask myself – “am I traveling enough“?
There were some great comments in the article from different people in different positions on both sides of the issue
- A reader wrote in with a question – “How do you travel for cheap?”. Calling for one-line answers, we came up with some pretty good answers – though my favorite might have been “Leave the family at home” 😀
- A children’s video probably gave me the worst travel advice I’d ever heard. But what’s the worst advice YOU’VE ever heard?
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Last week was “Bird Armageddon“, where many people’s Bluebird and Serve accounts were shut down. Mine was spared, and after a bit of thinking, here’s how I loaded my Serve account.
- In addition to giving away TWO $50 American Airlines cards here at PWaC, here’s a roundup of 2,600,001,025 miles and points from other sources
- Amex Offers are a great way to keep up with manufactured spending – here’s a walkthrough of how to sync up Amex Offers to multiple cards
- United’s award availability may not be that great, but there is a trick to seeing the “extra” United award space even if you don’t have the United credit card.
Other travel news
- What should you do if your frequent flyer account gets “audited”?
- Trying out a new pair of “pick pocket proof” pants – why did everyone keep touching me at work today!!?!
- Have you seen the video of a 10 year old getting an “aggressive patdown” from the TSA? Plus lower Uber prices, a $50 giveaway and more
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 9 amazing sights to see, 3 tips to organize your credit cards and trying to get 25,000 Avios