Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I’ve wondered before whether prepaying medical bills would be an avenue for manufactured spend.
- Here’s the Traveling Dad guide to Outdoor Safety.
- Most savvy travelers know to use a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad. But did you know that the different exchanges (Visa, Mastercard, etc) have different currency conversion rates? You probably never want to use a Visa
- Don’t forget – Miles to Memories and I are giving away a $100 Visa gift card!
- View from the Wing reports about what happened when Hertz refused to honor a car rental reservation he had made. I’ve had similar problems before. It reminds me of the Seinfeld sketch…. “You know how to TAKE the reservation… you just don’t know how to HOLD the reservation.. and that really is the most important part!”
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Data visualization of EVERY airport connected to EVERY other airport it flies