Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
My wife signed up for the Best Western credit card last year when it was offering 64,000 points as a signup bonus (usually the bonus is just 16,000 points). The Best Western credit card was issued by Barlcays Bank, and I’ve been getting letters and emails letting me know that it is transitioning to being issued by First BankCard, a division of First National Bank of Omaha.
I just got an email letting me know that as part of the transition, Bank of Omaha is now offering a 70,000 Best Western point credit card
Well, you CAN earn 70,000 points, it’s not quite that cut and dry. The actual details are as follows
- 25,000 BONUS POINTS after you spend $2,500 in first 3 billing cycles
- Another 25,000 BONUS POINTS after you spend total of $5,000 in the first 6 billing cycles
- Earn 20,000 BONUS POINTS when you spend at least $10,000 during each 12 billing cycle period
So it’s at least 25,000 points (for $2500 in spend), and another 25,000 points for spending another $2500, and then you have to spend an ADDITIONAL $5,000 to get the final 20,000 points. Whether that’s worth it to you or not depends on how much you value Best Western points. Personally, I’m finding it hard to find good usages for my Best Western points (we have about 57,000 points left).
Other Best Western credit card benefits
There are some other benefits included with the card
- You do get Platinum Elite status
- For paid stays, you get a 10% discount on the best available Best Western flexible rate
- There is a $59 annual fee, which is waived for the first year.
All in all, this 70,000 point offer is intriguing but not super amazing. One nice thing is that it is issued by a “smaller” bank (Bank of Omaha), so it won’t count as a card that you’ve got with one of the larger banks.
Here is the link for the 70,000 point Best Western credit card. This is not an affiliate link and should be publicly available.