Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
One of the best ways to get a lot of points quickly is by way of credit card “churns”
This is where you might sign up for multiple credit cards at the same time
This week I planned a November 2015 credit card churn and then got the results: 140,000 points + $200 statement credit
Many of my cards were instantly approved, but a few were marked as pending
Later one was approved without my having to do anything – Not calling the reconsideration line works again!
Air travel with children can be stressful – we have people giving out “goodie bags” to fellow passengers
On the other hand we have people telling other passengers that they’re “the type of parent that should not have children”
The latest news came when a mom asked (after getting a few “stares”) – Is early boarding with children rude?
While (I think?) the opportunity is now over, it didn’t stop me from listing the 7 places I’m going with my new Hyatt Diamond status
This week Hilton got into the game as well – you may be able to match to Hilton (Diamond?) status as well!
Here are the rest of this week’s stories:
- Continuing the recap of our recent Europe vacation – Everything’s better in….MONACO!
- That European trip started with a canceled transatlantic flight. 2 months later, I’m still fighting for the EU261 / 2004 compensation that I’m due (should be 1200 Euros, which is not chump change!)
- My son and I just got back from a Nevada / California / Arizona County trip
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- You can get 4000 Choice Hotels points for signing up and 4000 more on your first stay
- New Uber users can get a free ($30) ride courtesy of Chase
- No purchase fees on American Express gift cards through 12/31
- Did you take part in the IHG Accelerate promotion? My points just posted – have yours?
News and Notes
- 8 year old boy sends Delta a way to track missing planes
- Customer claims discrimination by Avis – they refused to rent him a car because …
- The 5 worst tips to get upgraded (#4 is my favorite), avoiding hotel shuttle ripoffs, and eliminating bereavement fees
- The worst kind of traveler, tracking special airline liveries, 31 SPG points / $ and more
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 7 places I’m going as a Hyatt Diamond, a hotel CEO on devaluing points, and a million point offer