Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world that you might be interested in:
- The Anti Travel Guides share some ideas on how to get great views / pictures without paying what they call the “tourist tax”
- By now, you’ve probably heard about the Germanwings plane that crashed last week in the French Alps en route from Barcelona to Dusseldorf. Mommy Points shared a sobering account of leaving the Barcelona airport (on a different flight) within minutes of 4U9525
- Point me to the Plane told us about United’s policy of providing a hotel room to some passengers who arrive at an airport where United does not have a separate arrivals lounge. Here is Part 1 and Part 2. This is definitely something that I am going to have to check in to as we plan our
- Out and Out shared an update on how things are going for him subletting a NYC apartment via airbnb.
- Via LaramieLive.com – did you know that there are only 2 escalators in the entire state of Wyoming?