Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
- Thanks to Heels First Travel, we know that the infamous “Gate 35A” at DCA airport is going away! I first encountered Gate 35A when traveling from CVG-DCA to go to the Family Travel for Real Life conference and when I got off the plane and had to WAIT FOR A BUS to go into the terminal I was like “What the heck is this?!?!”. Family Travel for Real Life 2 is in Charlotte, so I won’t run into it this time (assuming I can score a direct flight using Avios)
- View from the Wing reports that plans to build a 2nd Atlanta airport (about 40 miles NW of the city) are progressing. Delta, unsurprisingly, is against it 🙂
- Ben from One Mile at a Time is taking his dad on a surprise trip around the world – here’s the first installment with a hilarious video of his dad at LAX not knowing where he’s going
- The AMAZING Points With a Crew (total self-pingback! :-D) had a post about American Express’s upcoming Small Business Saturday promotion – you can get up to $30 in statement credits for each Amex card you have (Bluebird and Serve too!)
- Big Habitat found a promo code that could give up to 50x on purchases at 1-800-Flowers.com. Frequent Miler weighed in on the situation as well. You can also read about my experience getting over 20,000 Southwest miles using a shopping portal to get 19x at Sears.
- If you haven’t signed up already, you can also get 500 free SPG points for signing up for a promotion that takes 2 minutes to do.
- Travel is Free has a great post about Alaska Airline’s partner award chart
- The Points Jock booked a Business Class trip through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, but due to a ticketing mistake, Chase paid the difference to fly him in First Class!
- Giddy for Points has an article on how to pay your property taxes with Evolve Money. It’s getting to be that time of year….