Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Ahhh it’s been a great ride this week. This week Points With a Crew has been featured on the main page of Boarding Area. If this was your first exposure to PWaC, I hope that you enjoyed it. If you want to keep learning about miles and points with a family twist, you’ll need to bookmark www.pointswithacrew.com, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook
I’ve enjoyed my run, but I’ve definitely been blogging at an unsustainable rate this week. If you’re hoping for 4 or 5 posts a day out of me, you might have confused me with View from the Wing or One Mile at a Time 🙂 Don’t forget, I’ve got 6 kids and a (different) full-time job 🙂
I did want to give you a rundown of some of my posts for the week, in case you found out about me later in the week. Remember you can always check out my most popular posts if you want the all-time highs! This isn’t ALL of the posts I wrote this past week (I’ve written nearly 40!), but some of the highlights. I’ve broken it down into a few categories to make it easier to read:
- 17 hours, 3 kids, no electronics: A Nevada, Idaho, Oregon road-trip trip report
- #FT4RL trip report: CVG-DCA
- My travel bucket list
- Review of the ATL Club Airport Lounge (and how to get in for free)
- A three part series on my 2012 trip to California to be on an episode of Wheel of Fortune
- Hotel Review: Mountain Lake Lodge – site of the movie Dirty Dancing
- My first ever trip I did for free with miles and points – I told my wife we had to check out of our hotel, and then surprised her with a 5-star Hilton.
- I’m used to the waffle maker, but here was my first experience with a hotel PANCAKE maker
Travel Hacking tips
- Overview of All Nippon Airways (ANA), another distance-based airline
- Quite a few posts about IHG’s new Into the Nights promotion – looks like my offer is finally fixed!
- How to avoid fees on British Airways in Europe
- British Airways free stopovers, even on one-way flights
- Flights within the UK are FREE with Avios
Points and Miles generation random thoughts
- Major points devaluation hits OVERNIGHT!
- Don’t poop where you eat: a cautionary tale
- Time to go all in on Amazon Payments?
- Taking care of some card housekeeping – annual fees, waiving interest charges, retention bonuses and more
- Why does renting a car seem like such a scam?
Brief social network interruption!!! Have you thought about following Points With a Crew on Twitter? Or maybe Facebook?
- Did we get a family of 5 to Berlin for free?
- Using miles to help out extended family
- Passenger: “You’re the type of person that shouldn’t have children”
- Where can you put a car seat on an airplane?
- Speeding through TSA security with a family