Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
The news on this promotion came out a few days ago, but in case you missed it or forgot about it, United is currently offering 25% off award tickets from the US to Europe
You have to book by June 28th (Tuesday), and can travel from August 23, 2016 to March 31, 2017. The regular roundtrip US to Europe price is 60,000 United miles, so 25% off means it’s 45,000 miles roundtrip. This is a competition to the American Airlines off-peak awards, which are 22,500 miles (up from 20,000 miles after the AA devaluation). Note that with this United promo, unlike on American, you have to book a roundtrip – one way tickets book at the regular 30,000 mile price.
(SEE ALSO: Didn’t book your American flights before the deval? You can still book some flights at the pre-devaluation prices)
Terms and Conditions (the fine print)
- This offer for discounted Saver awards is available to all MileagePlus members.
- Saver award discount is only valid for air travel.
- Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on June 28, 2016.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 23, 2016, and completed on or before March 31, 2017, subject to the blackout dates listed below.
- Blackout dates: Offer is not valid for any travel occurring during the period beginning on December 15, 2016 and ending on January 8, 2017.
- Offer is valid for travel on all days of the week.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between Europe and the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a qualifying Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, US Customs, Immigration and APHIS User Fees of $17.50 for each international arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2016. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards
- Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
See details at United’s promo page – 25% off award tickets from the US to Europe