Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world over the past few days that I found interesting. I hope that you will too! As always, if you’ve got other stories you liked, share them in the comments!
- Discussions about the ethics of seat swapping, and a few examples of how it’s gotten rough and tumble out there!
- With the crash of the Germanwings plane in the Alps last month, do we have a future with pilotless planes?
- Did you know that the Mile Matrix is an app that tries to give you the price in miles from any country, to any other country, on any airline?
- Most times travel bloggers like to talk about first class flights in suites and double beds. And that’s fine, and fun to ready about, but did you even know that it was actually (gasp!) POSSIBLE to fly coach on a long-haul flight and have it not suck?!?!?! 😀
- If you missed my guest post on TravelingDads.com about how our family “practices train manners”, you’ll want to check it out! Learn how our family of 8 is getting ready to take our $6500 (free) train trip on Amtrak that we got for free with miles and points. See also: Maximizing the Amtrak zone map.
- Doing some international travel? You’ll want to make sure your passport expiration date won’t cause you any trouble!
- A year of learning to pray by taking a 37,000 mile trip around the globe!