Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Shawn from Miles to Memories complains about car rental tolls in Florida. Having also just come back from Florida (at the Family Travel for Real Life conference), I concur – why does renting a car feel like such a scam? Also, When Does a $5 Toll Cost $30?
- It finally happened – a drone hit a British Airways plane while it was landing at London Heathrow (H/T Heels First Travel)
- Brian from The Gate mentions why he is not a big fan of room service. I agree – I have literally never ordered anything from room service and if it were up to me, maids and other hotel staff would never enter my room until I check out.
- Loved some great pics on Andy’s Travel blog about the Great Wall of China. That is definitely on my travel bucket list!
- Here’s the Traveling Dad guide to wand spells at Harry Potter Orlando.
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Confessions of an airport thief – jewelry, iPads, and phones swiped from planes