Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
SPG Open the World is a new sweepstakes game from Starwood, where you can enter twice per day (per account) for up to 25,000 Starpoints. This is similar to the Tap into Luxury game that they did last fall.
How to play SPG Open the World
It’s easy and takes no skill. Go to the SPG Open the world contest page. After entering your SPG number and email address, you’ll get a prompt to pick a device to use to open your door (many SPG hotels don’t have keys and you use your mobile phone to open your door)
After picking a device (I don’t think it matters which one), you can pick a door to open
Then you get informed that you lost 🙂
Problems accessing the SPG Open the World contest page
Initially I had problems accessing the SPG Open the World page. I would get to the page with the phones, but when I picked a phone and chose “next”, it just took me to the main page without doing anything else. Eventually I was able to get SPG Open the World to work by using an incognito window of Chrome.
I don’t know if that will help anyone else, but it worked for me
SPG Open the World prizes
Here are the prizes:
• One Free Night Award: 33 Awards available for any SPG participating category 1-5 hotel or resort. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $171.00. Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Award must be consumed by March 31, 2016.
• Starpoints: 561 Awards Available: 25,000 Starpoints: ARV $625.00; 10,000 Starpoints: ARV $250.00; 5000 Starpoints: ARV $125.00; 1000 Starpoints: ARV $35.00.
• Starpoints will be added to member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG Program.
• American Express $10.00 Gift Card*: 165 total Awards. One (1) per winner.
• Amazon $25.00 Gift Card*: 330 total Awards. One (1) per winner.
• Amazon $50.00 Gift Card*: 825 total Awards. One (1) per winner.
Good luck in the SPG Open the World sweepstakes!