Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Yesterday I wrote about the SPG Tap into Luxury game, and wondered if there had been anyone who had won.
Supposedly, according to the rules, in addition to the grand prize of 250,000 Starpoints there are a number of prizes:
- Free Night Award: 195 Awards available for any SPG-participating Category 1â€“5 hotel or resort. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) is US$145.00. Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date.
- Starpoints® Award: 390 Awards available. 500 Starpoints: ARV US$12.50; 1,000 Starpoints: ARV US$25.00; 5,000 Starpoints: ARV US$125.00. Starpoints will be added to SPG member’s account within three (3) weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints is pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program.
- iTunes® US$50.00 Gift Card: 156 Awards available. Gift Card will be fulfilled by mail within four (4) weeks from Game Period end date. Prize only available to U.S. residents with a mailing address in the U.S.
- $50.00 Ticketmaster Cash Code: 975 Awards available. Cash Code will be fulfilled via immediate confirmation email upon winning. Prize only available to U.S. residents.
Since I hadn’t won anything, I wondered if there had been anyone who had. In the comments, several people said that they had. From just people that commented, I counted:
- 4 $50 Ticketmaster credit
- 1 $50 iTunes credit
- 3 Free nights
- 3 of the 500 SPG points
So that was nice to know – even though I haven’t won anything (don’t worry I’m saving up to win the GRAND prize 😀 ), it looks like at least it’s not a TOTAL scam!
There was also a great story from a commenter who styled himself “Darth Chocolate”
I recently checked my SPG account and found that I was double credited for Crossover Rewards points, to the tune of 8,600 points. I brought this to their attention and received the following reply:
Dear Mr. Chocolate,
Thank you for your email regarding your Starwood Preferred Guest account and credit from the Crossover Rewards promotion.
Upon reviewing your account I do see that you were given the same amount of Starpoints (4,319) twice. The specific flights that each posting is in regards to is different. Mr. Chocolate, I have not asked for this matter to be investigated. Should those Starpoints be for the same flight you are welcome to think of those Starpoints as a goodwill gesture. We appreciate your dedication and look forward to your upcoming stays with us.
If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email. If you prefer, you may also chat with us online or follow this link to have us call you. Please fill out our customer service feedback survey and let me know if the customer service you received today met your expectations.
It pays to be polite and honest.
I guess I’ll keep playing… though if you want some better odds, don’t forget that today is the last day that I’m giving away a $25 Southwest gift card and 4 drink vouchers – sign up today!