Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Last time we talked about 2 ways to get arrested while travel hacking – this time it’s an interesting account of how Tahsir from Travel Codex was detained while at Walmart trying to buy money orders.
- Hotel Best Rate Guarantees (BRGs) are good in theory, and I’ve used them several times to get free hotels (5th time’s a charm – Best Western BRG FINALLY approved!!). Points are King has a great article talking about the game theory of why hotels offer BRGs (HINT: It has nothing to do with helping you, the consumer)
- I have to applaud the audacity of renting out your dorm room on airbnb, but I can’t imagine this is going to end well!
- From Caroline Lupini, here’s a Youtube video about the strangest time zones in the world
- I am as guilty as anyone of trying to figure out how much my flights or hotels WOULD have cost (Why I didn’t spend $9,144.92 on my vacation), but I also know that is not really an accurate description of reality. So I enjoyed the Deal Mommy talking about her $2500 hotel room.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: $25 for a test drive, $100 for a hotel stay and lemonade