Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
American Airlines are sending out targeted offers for free Platinum Pro status! Did you get an offer?
American AAdvantage Platinum Pro benefits
- Complimentary upgrades on flights within North America. Upgrades are confirmed as early as 72 hours before departure;
- Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats;
- Priority through the airport at check-in, security and boarding
- 9 award miles/U.S. dollar (80% bonus);
- 2 free checked bags
- oneworld® SapphireSM status on partner airlines
Terms of the exclusive offer
- Offer is only for members who received a letter directly from American Airlines;
- Registration is required by 11:59 pm CT February 1, 2018 and prior to travel in order for your Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) to count toward this promotion.
- To extend elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn 20,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other eligible airlines between registration date and May 25, 2018.
- Eligible airlines include American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines, as well as eligible codeshare flights.
Last February, I received an offer to fast track to AA Elite status, which I didn’t participate. A few months late in June, I was offered free Platinum status, which I was very surprised since I only booked one flight last year with American Airlines. I get free checked bags benefit being AA credit cardmember, and I get free access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats being an Alaska MVP Gold last year, so those two Platinum benefits did not interest me at the time. But I did get twenty 500-mile upgrade certificates which will sit in my account until I can take advantage of them. Sadly I wasn’t targeted this time.
Did you receive a similar offer for free American AAdvantage Platinum Pro status?