Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I have written over the past few weeks about the trip my wife and I just took to Peru
I have given my trip reports of our two lie flat business class flights to Peru
IAD-LIM space is WIDE OPEN
There are still 7 open business class seats in both directions on the IAD-LIM route on most dates that I checked
Nearly every date I checked had a full 7 seats (which on the British Airways site means AT LEAST 7) seats available. I checked sporadic dates through early next year
Keep in mind that currently LAN only flies the IAD-LIM route 3 times a week
- From Washington to Lima, departing Sunday, Monday and Wednesday at 11:05pm, arriving at 5:30 a.m. the next morning
- From Lima to Washington, also departing Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. The flight from Lima to Washington is scheduled to leave at 12:30 p.m. and arrive at Dulles at 8:15p.m.
How to book LAN Business Class
LAN Business Class to / from the US to Peru (or most places in South America) is an incredible bargain using miles. Here are the best options
- American Airlines – 30,000 miles
- United Airlines – 35,000 miles
- Alaska Airlines – 30,000 miles if you fly American, or 45,000 miles if you fly LAN
- Avianca – 40,000 miles
If you are using American miles, you can also add on additional positioning flights on American, LAN or any other oneworld partner. If you’re booking with Alaska miles, you are allowed a stopover on a one-way, and you can still add on additional flights on LAN in South America, but you can’t combine with American Airlines flights in the US (you can only use one partner airline on Alaska). You could combine IAD-LIM on LAN with additional Alaska Airlines flights like SEA-IAD.
Have you booked any LAN flights with all this award space?