Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
An interesting post about the top “landmark” in each of the 50 US states
I do find it amusing and somewhat arbitrary as to what is considered “the best”
But… I am a sucker for crossing things off lists, so I wonder how many of the top 50 landmarks YOU’VE been to?
(I’d only been to 10)
Last week I shared my 11 year old son’s bucket list (including such scenic jaunts as Lincoln, Nebraska and St. Paul, Minnesota)
This week it’s my daughter’s turn – 20 places my 9 year old wants to go
We at least have her thinking a few places outside the country, but she also wants to see Louisiana, Mississippi and Rode [sic] Island
Conventional wisdom says that with the new Amtrak Guest Rewards 2.0 changes (i.e. devaluation), long sleeper car travel is dead
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!
Taking a quick look at some of the go-forward rates show that it may still be viable
- On our recent trip to Europe, after our day in Monaco, we got back to the airport by way of helicopter transfer. Yeah, it was about as awesome as it sounds.
- Trying to plan an upcoming trip, would you rather transfer 60,000 SPG points, or 75,000 American Express points? It’s a tougher choice than you might imagine. For me at least, it’s choices like this that make it very hard for me to actually pull the trigger on booking things.
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- Why I just got an NBA credit card (and you should too)
- There are still a few days left to take advantage of a few holiday shopping portal bonuses.
- Speaking of shopping portal bonuses, I had a plan to get 51,000 points from the LAST set of shopping portal bonuses, only to find out that my gift card purchases are not seeming to track through portals.
- Man it has been a huge hassle trying to get Citibank to fund my new checking account with a credit card!
News and Notes
- American Airlines was the first domestic carrier to introduce a “Premium Economy” class. Rumor has it though that Delta is about to have one as well.
- The secret to business award availability to Europe. Plus award changes, a pedestrian bridge, #FT4RL speakers, no more desks in hotels and more
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: My son’s hilarious travel bucket list, living on airbnb for a year, a transfer ending on Monday, and what hotels really think about you