Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
So back in August, IHG announced the IHG Accelerate promotion. Like most of their recent promotions, IHG Accelerate gives you customized promotional offers, and completing them will give you a bonus.
Here are my offers:
Originally, I discounted this offer as I don’t have a ton of paid hotel stays (I prefer redeeming awards when traveling, and I don’t travel for work), but then I took a second look at things and realized that I could get a good chunk of points with only 2 stays at Holiday Inns
- Stay Once, get 1,000 points
- Change Your View – 12,000 points for staying at 2 Holiday Inn hotels
- Earn More, Faster – 3,000 points when I book 1 Bonus Points package
- Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card – 2,300 points by paying for one stay with my IHG Rewards Club credit card (with 5x at IHG hotels, why would I use anything else!?!)
I’ll skip the “Stay More, Get More” for 10,200 points, but that should complete my offer and earn me 21,500 bonus points
Doing the math, let’s say I could find 2 Holiday Inn hotels for $100 with taxes (the Bonus Points package gives 1,000 extra points for $5). That would earn me
- 18,300 points from the 4 tasks
- 21,500 points from the Achievement Bonus
- 2,000 points as my IHG Platinum welcome amenity
- 3,000 points from 10x points for staying and my Platinum 50% bonus
- 1,000 points from the spend on the IHG credit card
So the $200 would turn into 45,800 points, or about 0.43 cents per point. Of course if I was able to get the 2 hotels for a lower cost, or get more points from promotional codes, that would lower the cost per point.
My first IHG Accelerate stay not showing up?
I booked my first Holiday Inn stay last month, when I was in Washington DC for the Family Travel for Real Life conference. It cost me $94.92 for one night stay at the Holiday Inn Washington Dulles Intl Airport.
But even though the stay was 2 weeks ago, and is showing up as a “stay” on my IHG account…
…my IHG Accelerate dashboard still has not been updated. I’d at least expect my “Stay Once” offer to be completed!
Is this normal? Do I need to call in? I know IHG has the IT department of a middle-school computer class (judging by how successful their previous promotions have been run), but I wasn’t sure how long it normally takes for those stays to show up
Anyone else having trouble getting their IHG Accelerate stays to show up?